You may not be aware, but your dental phobia can affect your life in more ways than you think. In addition to obvious dental issues that may develop by not visiting the dentist, your dental phobia can also lead to anxiety and depression. Patients who have dental phobia, or may be medically compromised, can count on Dr. Samaha and her experienced staff to make their visit to the dentist a calm one with sedation dentistry.
Frightened? We can calm your fears. We offer our patients a natural sedation called NuCalm™. NuCalm™ is an all-natural technique proven to relax you during your dental appointment.
The Benefits of NuCalm™:
- It is all-natural. The process involves no drugs or medications.
- It is not sedation, so there are none of the adverse side effects associated with drug-induced sedation.
- Because it is all-natural, there is no “hangover.”
- When we relax, we breathe more deeply. This increases blood oxygenation and increases blood flow to our organs, muscles, and brain. Because of this, when you leave, you will actually feel relaxed, refreshed, and rejuvenated.
- Better dentistry! Relaxed patients are easier to work on, get numb easier, and have a decreased salivary flow; in addition, the tongue tends to relax. All of this allows Dr. Samaha to work in an “ideal” environment.
Ashamed? Don’t feel ashamed if you are panic-stricken or have a complete dental phobia when it comes time to seeing the dentist. We are here to help you feel relaxed, improve your smile, and give you back your confidence.
Embarrassed? Being embarrassed is perhaps the most common concern voiced by people who haven’t been to a dentist in a very long time. NuCalm™ can help you make it through your next appointment.
Hopeless? We have answers. Natural dental sedation NuCalm™ uses four simple steps to bring you to a deep state of calm. Your dental experience can be an enjoyable one.
- First you chew on tablets that are designed to relax you by counteracting adrenaline.
- Microcurrent stimulation patches are placed behind each ear. Research shows this helps facilitate the relaxation response.
- Noise-dampening headphones are used to deliver proprietary neuroacoustic software, layered with soothing music, to bring your brainwave pace to the pre-sleep stage.
- Light-blocking glasses are used to negate visual stimuli and help maintain the NuCalm™ relaxation state.
The combination of these four components provides you with a powerful and effective relaxation experience, especially during dental procedures. The more stressed or anxious you are, the more profound the NuCalm™ effect will be in combating your dental phobia.
Afraid? After your first experience with NuCalm™, your dental phobia will be a thing of the past. By mimicking the natural pathways the body uses to prepare itself for sleep, NuCalm™ creates the same deep relaxation you feel in the moment before you go to sleep, and this effect can last throughout the entire dental appointment. NuCalm™ is the natural solution for you.
Let NuCalm™ and Dr. Samaha’s sedation dentistry help you with your anxiety so you can have a relaxing and positive dental experience. Please call our office in Newport News with further questions regarding NuCalm™ and sedation dentistry. We’re excited to hear from you.