Hampton Roads Cosmetic Dentist and Restorative Dentist
Fellow, Academy of General Dentistry
Member, American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry
Associate Member, American Academy of Periodontology
Soon you will be meeting Dr. Lisa Marie Samaha. She is gracious, gentle and quick to smile. Immediately you will see the kindness and warmth in her eyes. Dr. Samaha is compassionate towards you and passionate about her profession.
Perhaps this is not the image you had of a nationally recognized, highly accomplished, often published and truly talented cosmetic and restorative dentist, but she is why you are here. She understands what you understand; that a healthy smile is a precious thing. And your smile has the ability to be an outward expression of your inner value.
Dr. Lisa Marie Samaha’s commitment to her patients and her pursuit of excellence in her own private practice and as a professional artist have earned her a national reputation in the Art of Fine Dentistry. This commitment is clearly reflected in the compassionate care so generously offered at Port Warwick Dental Arts, and needless to say, in thousands of beautiful smiles she has created in her roles as restorative dentist and cosmetic dentist.
Cosmetic dentist Dr. Samaha graduated from the Medical College of Virginia School of Dentistry, Virginia Commonwealth University, and has been in private practice in Newport News since 1982. Her professional awards and affiliations run deep. She is also well-known for her presentations at medical and dental conferences on both local and national levels.
Dr. Samaha is proud to be a part of an extensive family of healthcare professionals and esteemed educators, most importantly her late father, a periodontist, who inspired within her a passion for dentistry early in life.
In 2003, Dr. Samaha fulfilled her vision of a beautiful, healing space as she created her office in the charming development of Port Warwick, in Newport News, Virginia. Her exceptional, highly talented team has assisted in the creation of a world-class practice which attracts a local, national and international clientele who appreciate their unique, comprehensive and holistic approach to dental care, always custom-designed for each patient. Although Dr. Samaha is well known for her artistry and technical excellence in smile design, the quality of our patient’s periodontal and thus, total health is also of highest concern at Port Warwick Dental Arts. Dr. Samaha works closely with our patient’s physicians to coordinate best healthcare for them, relative to their oral healthcare.
Dr. Samaha has two children, Robb, an Industrial Design student at the University of Cincinnati and Julie, the buyer for nutritional supplements and body care products at Whole Foods, Richmond, VA.
Leading-edge Periodontal Education
Our facility is also the home of the Perio Arts Institute. Dr. Samaha is the Founder and Director of the Institute which has two divisions: Perio Arts Education and PerioPassion! Seminars which count for advanced periodontal continuing education hours. In her second floor teaching space, Dr. Samaha enthusiastically engages and instructs fellow dental health professionals in her advanced periodontal disease treatment protocol, to include her extensive case presentations. Her seminar is now also available on DVD.
With reference to her leading-edge periodontal protocol, Dr. Samaha can be seen nationally on PBS’s Hugh Downs Report, CNN, FOX TV, and MSNBC, and heard internationally on Voice of America.
Award-winning Fine Arts
In addition, Dr. Samaha is respected as an award-winning fine artist, primarily in the use of watercolor and watermedia. Her studio/art gallery, The Upper Gallery, is also located on the premises of Port Warwick Dental Arts.
The Pursuit of Excellence
Dr. Lisa Marie Samaha’s commitment to her patients and her pursuit of excellence, in both her own private practice and as a professional artist, have earned her a national reputation in the Art of Fine Dentistry. This commitment is clearly reflected in the compassionate care so generously offered in our practice, and in thousands of beautiful smiles.
Dr. Samaha graduated from the Medical College of Virginia School of Dentistry, Virginia Commonwealth University. She has been in private practice in Newport News since 1982. Her professional awards and affiliations run deep. She is also well known for her presentations at medical and dental conferences on both the local and national levels.
Dr. Samaha’s professional affiliations include:
- Smart Beginnings, National Initiative, Hampton Roads Board Member, 2015 – present
- Healthy Mouth Healthy Body 2020 Initiative, Founder, 2015-2020
- Oral Cancer Cause, Platinum Partner, 2013-present
- International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology, 2013 – present
- International Academy for Ozone in Healthcare, Founding Member, 2012 – present
- Holistic Dental Association, Professional Member, April 2013 – present
- Perio Arts Institute Healthy Kiss Initiative, Founder, 2012
- Speaking Consulting Network, June 2012 – present
- Bale/Doneen Medical Preceptorship, Feb 2011
- American Academy for Oral Systemic Health, Founding Member, July 2010 – present
- American Academy of Sleep Medicine, Jan 2010 – present
- American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine, Jan 2010 – present
- American Association of Contemporary Esthetics, 2009-present
- International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology, 2008-present
- Perio Arts Institute, Founder and Director, 2006-present
- Perio Passion Dental Seminars, AGD/PACE approved provider, Director, 2007-present
- Crown Council, 2005-present
- Port Warwick Dental Arts Center for Dental Medicine, Owner, 2005-present
- American Association of Cosmetic Dentistry, 2004-present
- Dental Organization for Conscious Sedation, 2004-present
- Organization for Computerized Dentistry, 2001- 2006
- American Academy of Periodontology, Associate Member, 1989-present
- American Dental Association, 1982-present
- Virginia Dental Association, 1982-present
- Peninsula Dental Society, 1982-present
- Academy of General Dentistry, 1982
- American Association of Women Dentists, 1982-present
- American Association of Dental Anthropology, 1982- 2002
- Academy for Sports Dentistry, 1991- 2002
- Anorexia Bulimia Association of Virginia, Board Member 1993