We’re excited to announce the selection of two Hampton Roads residents to receive tens of thousands of dollars of life-enhancing and life-saving dental treatment.
Unlike many smile makeover contests where glamour is the focus, our Port Warwick Dental team had specific criteria for the contest winners. When reviewing the candidates, they considered whether the individual:
- Has a life-threatening level of dental disease
- Has damage severe enough to keep him/her from sharing a smile with others
- Has minimal income opportunity due to disability or circumstance
- Is independently supporting him/herself
- Has devoted his/her life to helping others
- Finds joy in their circumstance, no matter how challenging
Although we were originally going to choose just one individual from among the many hundreds of compelling applications we received, the stories of two exceptional individuals stood out.
Mr. Michael Boyd of Hampton and Ms. Terry Cane of Williamsburg were the recipients of Port Warwick Dental Arts’ 2009 Smile Makeover Contest.
During the month of October, Mr. Boyd and Ms. Cane will begin their journey towards renewed health and a new smile. We expect both smile makeovers to be completed in time for the holidays. Both individuals have agreed to be interviewed by the media. To share these patients’ remarkable, life-changing journey with your readers/viewers, contact Abby Sharpe at 757-320-2749 or use our online contact form.