Your First Visit
Your Consultation Visit and Dental Screening is the First Step
This is a relaxing opportunity for you to share your concerns with our Doctor and Team, and for our Doctor to listen to you and offer general insights into your care along with appropriate options. This appointment typically lasts 30 minutes. It allows you the freedom to determine how our practice philosophy meets your health goals.
Your appointment will begin with your personal Patient Care Coordinator reviewing a short medical history form, answering your personal questions, and introducing you to Dr. Samaha and members of our team.
We will then give you a brief tour of our facility. Beautifully blended into this high-tech facility, you will notice the many diplomas and awards which Dr. Samaha has earned, as well as her award-winning artwork. This combination of technology, science and art is a perfect reflection of the level of quality, care and comfort you can expect from Port Warwick Dental Arts. Most importantly, you will be in the hands of a caring and compassionate Doctor and team who offer you their very best in every way.
Your First Visit
Your care is important to us. In order to provide you with the most comprehensive, high quality care, your scheduled time with us is reserved just for you. At your first appointment, we focus on listening and learning about your concerns for your dental health, as well as your overall health and well-being.
Over the course of your visit, Dr. Samaha will perform a very comprehensive and surprisingly gentle clinical examination which will include a unique tour of your teeth and gums, utilizing our sophisticated intra-oral microscopic camera. We understand that your time is valuable and promise to care for you as efficiently as possible, so you feel your time with us is well spent. Your personalized, comprehensive exam is typically two hours.
To further emphasize our commitment to your total health, Dr. Samaha has established a model for periodontal healthcare that is unprecedented in the profession. She is sought after to speak to both dentists and physicians on periodontal disease and the Mouth-Body Connection. Dr. Samaha has been televised globally for her expertise in this emerging field of dental medicine. As a Center for Cosmetic Dentistry and Dental Medicine, Dr. Samaha and our team are committed to helping you improve your overall health and well-being through optimum dental health care. Periodontal disease is one example of a dental disease which not only impacts dental health, but can be a contributing factor in cardiovascular disease, diabetes, pulmonary disease, kidney disease, numerous cancers, dementia and Alzheimer’s Disease, complications in pregnancy and other conditions.
Sleep Apnea is another oral condition which can be life-threatening, impacting daily function and quality of life. Cosmetic dental issues may also be important. These areas of care will be evaluated during your first visit. When necessary, and with your permission, the Port Warwick Dental Arts team will assist Dr. Samaha in coordinating your overall health concerns with your other healthcare professionals.
Details of your Comprehensive Exam at our Hampton Roads office
Dr. Samaha and her trained staff will be performing the following during that comprehensive examination.
- Private consultation with Dr. Samaha and your personal Patient Care Coordinator
- Review of the dentist-patient relationship—and our commitment to you
- A thorough medical and dental history review with Dr. Samaha
- Tour of the office
- Highlights of our leading-edge technology, for your comfort, protection, and prevention
- Review of sterilization systems for your safety
- Blood pressure screening
- Diagnostic digital xrays (up to 90% lower radiation), as needed
- Advanced head, neck and oral cancer screening
- Neuromuscular examination
- Snoring and sleep apnea screening
- Analysis of your bite and facial musculature
- Smile evaluation
- A unique tour of your teeth and gums, magniﬁed to microscopic levels, using our intra-oral camera
- Comprehensive oral examination
- Comprehensive periodontal evaluation
- Computerized dental charting
- Nutritional evaluation withrecommendations
- Hygiene fitness evaluation
- Oral hygiene instructions
- Digital photographic series, as needed
- Diagnostic impressions for models, as needed
- DNA-PCR testing for periodontal disease evaluation, as needed
- Referrals for medical consultations and testing, as needed
- Medical consultation with your physician(s), as needed